Thursday, February 2, 2012

Deng 'week-to-week' with torn wrist ligament - chicagotribune.com

Shifting the official prognosis from  day-to-day  to  week-to-week,  Chicago Bulls mentor Tom Thibodeau confirmed Tuesday that Luol Deng endured a torn ligament in his still left wrist.



He is likely to be out for a while,  Thibodeau stated.  It is a soreness tolerance factor. 






As documented in Tuesday's Tribune, Thibodeau said Deng programs to avoid surgery and play by means of the discomfort ultimately. Thibodeau said Deng even did some dribbling with his Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys still left hand and shooting drills on Monday, however Deng disputed that.



I'll be great,  Deng stated afterward.  Definitely disillusioned. I gotta get the pain level down. 



Deng endured the injuries on Saturday evening.



When it took place, I understood it was something significant,  Deng mentioned.



Asked why he is not opting for medical procedures now, which he admitted is a likelihood later, Deng pointed to the Bulls' title probabilities.



I genuinely truly feel like we have a quite excellent chance of performing something special, New York Islanders Jerseys Deng mentioned.  I really feel that with out the surgical treatment I will be good. I just know what I can and can&rsquot do with it. I believe I will be really efficient out there. There will be days wherever it&rsquos sore. We&rsquore likely to try out to handle how sore it will get. Everyone&rsquos physique responds in different ways. I&rsquom quite assured I&rsquoll be ready to manage it. 



Lakers star Kobe Bryant opened the period playing by means of a torn ligament in his appropriate wrist. Deng's rookie season ended and he missed the 2005 playoff run when he opted for medical procedures to restore a torn ligament in his correct wrist. Deng mentioned this injury is the exact same and he confirmed a Tribune report that Dr. Susan Craig-Scott, who executed that 2005 medical procedures, is involved in the process.



Deng performed high school basketball with the son of Craig-Scott, whose husband is Toronto Maple Leafs Jerseys the Knicks' former staff doctor.



This time about, I&rsquom common with it,  Deng mentioned.  I know how it feels discomfort-wise. Just hoping to get it down to a specific degree wherever I can play once again. I&rsquom actually confident I will be out there ideally shortly. 



Deng said he is confident he will have full array of movement when the pain subsides sufficient for him to exam the wrist.



I ought to,  he mentioned.  I don&rsquot assume I could injury it any further. It&rsquos really about controlling the discomfort. 



kcjohnson@tribune.com



Twitter @kcjhoop
report=2012-02-02data


Related article:
ready
as-a-single-and-fifty

No comments:

Post a Comment